1. Microsclerotherapy of surface veins. Sclerotherapy is considered the first choice method for the treatment of small reticular and spider veins. This involves the injection of a sclerosant detergent solution via a tiny needle into the diseased vein, which causes the vein wall to collapse. The veins dissolve and disappear as the body gradually absorbs them.
2. Ultrasound Guided Sclerotherapy (UGS) and the treatment of varicose veins UGS is a safe and effective method for the eradication of varicose veins. Unlike surgery there is no need for hospitalization or an anaesthetic. There is no surgical scarring and virtually no downtime. Most patients with varicose veins are suitable for UGS. The UGS procedure is performed using ultrasound technology to locate the abnormal veins and allow the doctor to accurately and safely inject sclerosant detergent solution or more recently with sclerosant detergent foam directly into the veins that are hidden below the skin. Once injected the veins collapse and the body’s process of absorption begins. Numerous injections may be required and can be associated with a slight burning sensation that usually only lasts for a few minutes. The appearance of the treated veins rapidly improves over a few weeks with continued improvement still occurring for about three months.
3. EndoLaser Venous System (ELVeS) for large varicose veins. ELVeS is the latest method for the treatment of major veins previously treated by stripping surgery under general anaesthetic. The procedure involves the placement of a laser fiber with ultrasound guidance into the abnormal vein via a tiny incision. The vein is then anaesthetized with local anaesthetic. The laser fiber is removed slowly whilst the laser is activated which destroys the vein wall along the treated length. The procedure involves minimal discomfort. The published success of ELVeS treatment is between 95-98% with far fewer complications as compared to surgery.
To achieve the best result sometimes patient requires combination of above methods. The benefits of non-surgical vein treatment are:
• No hospitalization
• No scars
• Modern, safe and effective treatment
• In and out office procedure
Compression: Following each treatment you will be required to wear a Class 2 compression stocking to assist closure of the treated veins and protect against deep vein thrombosis (DVT). The length of time the stocking needs to be worn varies from three days to three weeks depending on the size of the veins injected and the treatment method provided. It is important to follow the provided compression instructions carefully to achieve the best results.
Surgery for varicose veins
Surgery is performed under local anesthesia with traditional techniques of vein stripping with flebectomy of remaining varicosities. Procedure takes about 1 to 2 hours plus another 2-3 hours in recovery room.
|Niegojące się rany żylakowe||Dwa miesiące po leczeniu laserem ELVeS|
Ceny zabiegów nie zostały podane, gdyż dostosowywane są indywidualnie do potrzeb pacjenta i omawiane w trakcie pierwszej konsultacji. Informacje na temat zabiegów otrzymają Państwo w firstname.lastname@example.org.